We are Tipico, the leading sports betting provider in Germany and one of the most exciting tech companies in the industry. We are fueled by our passion for the perfect product, using the newest tech stack to make advances every single day. Our culture is bursting with energy and ambition where we generate intense moments of Spannung , thriving through our values of Trust, Progress , and Passion . We push the limits of what’s possible because we believe that when adrenaline meets progress, awesome things happen.
Are you ready to turn up the power and bring the thrill of Spannung into your working life? Then show us your game face – because we’re looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer (m/f/x) to join the team!
Tipico is looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. Grow with us, introduce us to new ideas, and develop products that maximize the thrill of sports for our customers. Every day, you’ll work in a highly collaborative and agile environment with cross-functional team members to develop products and create technical solutions that push us forward.
Your playing field
- You are planning, designing, monitoring machines in virtual environments in the AWS cloud to assure optimal reliability, security, and availability
- Managing automation tasks such as Backups, Restores, OS Patching
- You are operating and developing with the use of new managed services in the AWS Cloud
- You are conducting daily checks to ensure the integrity and continuity of the services provided.
- You are designing infrastructure as a code (IaC) environment in combination with a CICD workflow.
- You assist our teams during the migration of services from on-prem to the cloud
- You are operating in ITIL compliant workflows and standards, with continuous service improvement and infrastructure environment monitoring.
- You will be working on automating our daily routines and maintenance tasks to be more efficient
Which skills should you bring to the pitch:
- Education and Experience. Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree OR you have 3+ years of professional experience in cloud system engineering.
- Subject Matter Expert. You have worked with AWS, Terraform (IaC), Cloud Infrastructure (Automation) Service Design, and implementations.
- Skills. You have solid knowledge and experience in designing, setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting Enterprise-level systems, considering security-relevant protocols & concepts, ensuring infrastructure integrity.
- Time is your friend. You have Project & Time management skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Issues are challenges for you. You have troubleshooting skills and you can apply a logical approach to resolutions.
- Certifications. Vendor certifications (AWS) or equivalent would be a plus.
- Language skills. You are fluent in English. If you have a working knowledge of German, it would be an advantage.
Who we’re looking for:
- Agile Mindset. This is about learning and adapting, continuously improving what we do to deliver a valuable product to our customers. You collaborate and communicate leading to team success
- Team player . We love learning from each other, great ideas are shaped and inspired by other ideas in order to achieve the simplest, smartest and safest solution
- Innovative. We create space for ideas and love to use the newest technologies. To be cutting edge, we need to stay on top and deliver an amazing digital experience
This is how we score with you:
- Established International Group. We have a solid foundation on which to grow
- Personal and Professional Growth. We offer you opportunities to develop and grow to unlock your potential
- Relocation Support. To make your move to Karlsruhe as smooth as possible
- Sports Allowance. We love sports so we subsidize your membership to keep you active
- Modern offices. Our very own Karlsruhe campus provides an open plan space with the latest technology
- Events. Sponsored Charity and Team gatherings, we like to have fun together as one team and reinforce our connections
- Supportive Environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team, but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us
- You choose your own hardware. Macbook or Windows? We love tech and this helps us stay ahead
Think a career at Tipico’s right for you?
Apply now and join our winning team! If you have any questions or comments about this role, our TA team is happy to help you! Feel free to reach out to us on our social media channels
We look forward to your application!
See how we take care of our entire team with these incredible benefits.
Grow Through Excellence.
As One Tipico, we work together at pace, utilizing each other’s strengths to earn our victory. We’re always learning from each other, growing through collaboration and achievement. Surrounded by experts, and with management committed to your development, you can excel and be better than your best.
You’re Worth It!
We work with only the best, and we’re prepared to invest in you. Here at Tipico, we offer competitive salary and compensation packages. Not to mention our One Tipico bonus, designed to reward our team for their great performance, and every moment of Spannung they create!
Dream Team Moments.
We know how to win, we know how to work together, and we know how to have a good time. Bonding as a team and enjoying our great socials is a huge part of our culture, and we keep the Spannung rolling outside of the office with our exciting, fun, and always-memorable events.
Get Your Heart Racing!
Tipico loves sport – but we also know how just important fitness is for our team’s physical and mental health and wellbeing. We have plenty of sports incentives to keep you active and moving, whatever gets your blood pumping, gets your heart racing, and helps you feel those moments of Spannung!
Cool and Stylish Spaces.
As well as enjoying the thrill of working together as One Tipico, you can do it from our cool, stylish and modern offices. With collaborative spaces and Spannung-charged interiors, we’ve invested in a workplace where you can be comfortable and do your best work. And with flexible working hours, we trust you to get the job done.
Our three core values guide all we do. Explore each one to learn what matters most at Tipico.
The greatest sporting teams reach victory through accountability and trust, and here at Tipico, we’re no different. Trust guides every move we make: how we act, operate, and treat our customers and colleagues. We rely on ethical transparency and integrity, so it’s our expectation for our people, products, and services. We trust you, too, giving you space to collaborate and create at pace, with impact. Your loyalty earns you freedom, so you can Maximise Spannung in every moment of your working life.
Passion drives progress at Tipico. We challenge, reinvent, and push ourselves to define new levels of excellence. Our progress, in turn, drives your progress and development, as you build your knowledge of our industry, products, and technology. It’s not a guaranteed ticket to the top, but we’ll help you explore opportunities and grow with us. If you want it, seek it, and progress will happen. Show us your spirit to learn and get stronger every day!
We are bound together as One Tipico by our passion. We have unstoppable hunger to win, driven to create moments of Spannung in our day-to-day lives. Whatever our personal interests - sport, science, fitness, gaming - we identify with each other through a shared spirit to seek victory in our actions. This is part of Tipico’s DNA - and we thrive by channeling our passion into our profession.